Improving communication & collaboration in the age of social media
Thanks for having me at your monthly meeting to talk about communication, social media and serving our clients using technology.
Here are a number of workshop resources from the session, including slides, documents and links to additional reading and resources.
Presentation slides (for download and embedded for quick viewing): Improving communication & collaboration in the age of social media CAPC/CPNP Central Zone meeting (PDF)
You may be interested in reading articles and podcast episodes on my site related to providing service online.
For immigration source country statistics, and a good overall global and country-by-country perspective of internet, mobile, social and messaging app usage, We are Social’s Global Digital 2018 report is a must read.
Looking to pitch a technology idea at your agency? Let the Nonprofit Service Canvas be your guide.
Websites I mentioned in the early part of my presentation:
- Therapy Online Research Institute
- Kids Help Phone launches texting service in Manitoba
- Steps to Justice
Here are some useful starting points to continue your learning:
- Beth Kanter
- NonProfit MarCommunity
- TechSoup Canada
- Wild Apricot
Additional documents (all in PDF format):
- Case Study – From Phones to Facebook – How to Engage Youth on the Front Lines of Social Media
- Case Study – Using Technology to Help Voices Be Heard 2 – webinars
- Web_2 0_Planning_Worksheet – template
- Technology as a tool to serve your clients – session worksheets
- Canadian Association of Social Workers – Social Media Use and Social Work Practice
- NASW, ASWB, CSWE ,& CSWA Standards for Technology in Social Work Practice
- Unleashing Innovation Using Everyday Technology to Improve Nonprofit Services
Practical online service resources and guidelines for staff and clients:
- Sample newcomer services privacy & security guidelines (PDF)
- Smart phone ACCEPTABLE USE guidelines – draft sample guidelines (PDF)
- Safety Privacy Guideline for clients – mobile apps for service (PDF)
Online security and encryption: